Abamectin is a miticide used to control mites, cockroaches, and ants. It is able to move into plant tissue to provide longer protection. It acts by attacking the nervous system, causing paralysis. It is used in a variety of field and orchard crops.

Health considerations

Abamectin is a stomach poison that is highly toxic to rats. It is also highly toxic to bees, fish, and wildlife.

Keep in mind

Abamectin residue degrades from leaves and in water quickly, minimizing lasting ecological damage and overall residue.

May be found in

Possible residue in a variety of crops


Extension Toxicology Network
British Columbia Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries

Leave a comment